Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Snow: crystallized water, or an excuse to ride my commuter bike?


Forcast is for cold temps over the next few days; but the training plan dictates the usual 2 hours per day during the week. I hate riding nowhere in front of the TV, so lugged the commuter bike (formerly my racing 'cross bike of the past 4 years) out of the shed and took off down canyon. Not having a proper commuter bike until recently has meant that I don't get a lot of practice riding into work in inclement weather, and it showed this morning. Coming into a hard corner over a wooden bridge on the bike path, I slipped out. One split second before making the turn, I remember thinking to myself "I should slow down for this one" . Slight scrape on the elbow seems to be the only damage.

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Pooks said...

at least the way back is uphill,just watch out for cars slipping out in the corners... it'll hurt more than an elbow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home